Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lakme Fashion Week A\W09: Swapnil Shinde

I've been seeing Swapnil Shinde's spring-summer collection EVERYWHERE. On celebrities and p3peeps out to attend parties and events (Mugdha Godse, Simran Kaur Mundi, Monica Bedi and on Amrita Rao like upmteen times) and on magazine covers (Grazia - Feb 09 issue, Cosmopolitan - Feb 09 issue). So I entered the show with pretty high expectations.

And I totally wasn't dissapointed! I loved the whole goth-schoolgirl-going-for-prom thing he had going on. Not to mention those red tartan-esque checked prints that he so liberally used throughout his collection -- on these really cute wide belts, as trim and on the whole of this chic, flared, thigh-high slit dress.

And that dress with the pink and black weave-print under sheer net with a poufy skirt and a wide tartan belt (top right, see picture). It appeals to my whimsical side.

The gowns that were the later half of this collection were nice. Glamourous and chic. And I'm pretty sure I'll start spotting them on celebs at parties soon enough. (In fact, I think Priyanka Chopra wore two of the gowns showcased in this collection before they hit the runway!) But they didn't hold the same appeal to me as the first half.


No comments:

Post a Comment