Monday, April 20, 2009

Lakme Fashion Week A\W09: Little Shilpa

The lights dimmed, and sudden roar of a fighter jet plane made those inattentive few in the audience sit up straight. Zoom zoom BOOM! As the film projector brought to life a war scene shot in the air, the first model strutted down the ramp to give us that first glimpse of Little Shilpa's accessory collection. Talk about a dramatic start! And the rest of Shilpa's air force/war inspired did justice to hype that had built up in the initial minutes of the show. Though not what I'd call entirely wearable, this collection was a like a very satisfying creative exercise. Every look was meticulously and effectively styled. I absolutely love the look with the sari, camouflage head gear, and that kamar-bandh reminiscent belt. And that hat! The one that looks like it has little jet planes flying around it. It just looks so (I KNOW I sound juvenile, but what can I say, it fits) COOL. I like the grungy neck pieces with the medals hanging from them. And these ones are totally wearable.


No comments:

Post a Comment