Friday, November 13, 2009

Trend Alert! Corsages

Ever since I came across these extremely gorgeous and ridonkulously inexpensive (Rs 45 - 75, that's like $1 - 1.50) corsage pins at Globus, I've fallen in love with this trend. I bought not one, not two, but four corsages from Globus, the instant I spotted them. Two black flowery hairbands, one humongous, one small, and two corsage flower pins, black and green. I thought the corsage trend was a bit too whimsical and prom glam to be practical, but I've been wearing mine almost every other day. I've added to my collection too.

Conclusion - corsages = awesome.

The very chic First Lady Michelle Obama, who's quite fond of broaches, wore an abstract, corsage-esque pin with two flowers on her lapel when addressing the Interior Department early this year. Very authoritative yet feminine.

Michelle Obama

Anyway, here are a few corsages I wish I could get my hands on.


This one's very elegant. I love the gold edging.
Anna Sui, velvet rose corsage, $104

This is a fun skirt. Love how the polka dots seem to be gradating from small to large. Cute
ASOS, Yumi Spot Skirt, $33.99

Love the juxtaposition of the net fabric on the pearls. Also, it's beautifully layered.
Promod, Romantic 6 strand necklace, £12

This one's so very elegant.
Kate Spade, Gail corsage top, $245

These are very versatile. My favorite: pinning them on my leggings, right above my shoes, on the outside of my ankle. They end up looking a bit like an extension of my shoes.
Newport News, Oversized floral corsage, $6

Love the metallic sheen. Plus, it's purple!
Spiegl, Leather Wrap Jacket, $99

It's a satin corsage on a double layered strand of beads, and yet, it somehow manages to look simple.
Adele Marie Jewellery, 2 row pearl necklace with corsage $66

Very cutesy!
ASOS, Statement occasion resin flower on stretch beads bracelet, $25.50

Perfect everyday corsage top.
J. Crew, Merino rose corsage scoopneck sweater, $79.50

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Never guessed you're an Indian too...your surname sounds like you might be an Oriya, or a Bengali; am I right?
    The purple metallic-sheen jacket is so gorgeous...if I ever saw it in real life, I'd kill to get my hands on it! Pity I can't just reach into the computer screen and take it out of the picture!! :D
    I like your idea of pinning corsages to your leggings, but I think they would look a little childish, or at least funky, so you can't style yourself that way if you're going to a formal party.
    ~ Cyrena from FEZ, WBB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I am, and you guessed right -- I am an Oriya! And I totally get what you mean about wanted to reach through the computer screen and pick stuff up. And frankly, if you've got the chutzpah, you can totally pull off pinning a corsage or two to a pair of shoes or leggings. But of course, the lapel pin is a classic for a reason. So when in doubt, I pin my corsage(s) on my lapel! :D

    ReplyDelete