Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lakme Fashion Week A\W09: Archana Kochhar

I liked the bright bright colours. I liked that Archana Kochhar experimented with fabric manipulation techniques. And that's about all that I liked about this collection. Going OTT can sometimes make a real fashion statement, or it can backfire miserably. For me, the outcome was clearly the later. The ruffles with the poofy fabric manipulations with the surface ornamentation and embroidery was just too much. Messy. Pretty much every gown in this collection looked like a pre-pubescent Indian teenage girly girl's idea of a ball gown.

BTW, is it just me, or does the showstopper (the gown covered with origami-like flowers in various shades of pink and white) remind you of Rohit Bal's Gulal collection?


No comments:

Post a Comment